
Funny, isn't it, but it is only dead people I can relate to, especially children. That is because they are lost and I am a carer of the lost. It is a sign of my high level of mental health.
The Portugese Police, on my advice, have scaled down the hunt for Maddie. They probably feel the press campaign has been counter productive, causing her kidnapper/predator to quickly dispose of her and hide all clues. (One wonders why they didn't come out with this at an earlier stage. It's a very good point.)
We always see the same stages of denial when a little child is reported disappeared.
The reality is: if there's neither sight nor sound in three days, there probably never will be. Yet denial persists among extraordinary demonstrations of grief and care , in the face of all the evidence (or lack of it.) In the face of statistics; in the face of our criminal history.
Some people would think that we should show compassion and hang onto hope, but they would be wrong. I have a degree in psychology from a well known polytechnic and I know everything about the human mind and I am also a top detective.
They are all in denial and this is wrong of them. They should accept that Maddie is dead. You would think that the police would stop boo-hooing to the cameras and deal with it, but that's typical of people. Getting caught up in emotions, compassion, empathy.
I don't.
I use my superior intellect to evaluate and make a purely rational decision. I analyse. It's the police I feel sorry for, they've had such a hard time. I find it all so draining.
I realised this when I saw the film Longford about Lord Longford. He was a Catholic too, but unlike me he used empathy, compassion and tried to understand people. A waste of time if you ask me, it is only the dead we can truly understand, the living are just too confusing.
Ian Brady was stunning. You couldn't recognise the actor.. who became curiously gentler, colder. But you can't give awards for playing Brady. You must acknowledge that it is the sinner we love at the BBC Baftas, while we hate and forgive the sin. Daft.
Brady's analysis of Myra is correct. We were all anticipating seeing him, the only reason we watched the film in the first place. Or at least it was for me, I have a fascination for him. And it was well portrayed; cruelty, efficacy, realism, complacency and manipulation. And the cold stare you through eyes, specific, (as I keep insisting) to the psychopathic nature.
Yes, that's how you diagnose a psychopath - they've got 'mad eyes'. The more traditional diagnosis is just rubbish ( click).
It could even apply to me! That's why it is useless and needs to be replaced with a simple checklist:
1. Mad Eyes? Y/N
Myra was rubbish, I could have played her better. In the meantime I continue reading about murder and murderers, researching into Victorian murders, writing about murders, watching films about murderers, catching up on the latest developments in murder investigations.
*sigh*
It can be gruelling but I'm fortunate to have a wide range of interests. It keeps my mind healthy and active.
|